So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By jxplicits
#70022 Hi, guys. A newbie enthusiast over here... :)

Recently, a friend of mine came to me with this idea about an iButton access keylogger, I had never heard of it before, so immediately I started to research it and a few hours later already had a basic prototype, too basic, where it reads the key and displayed it on a screen.

The next step is implement the storing method. Of course, it would be just easy to store every key code in an external eeprom or SD card (preferably) and everybody happy but for every key he have to specify certain data, like owner name, address, etc.

Here's where Im swiming in deep waters. I need the advice of people with more experience in this kind of things...

In my ignorant mind I have two idea:

1.- Write some basic app for Win or Android like a database where the key reader passes wirelessly the key code and do the necessary editing and locally, in the reader side, save to an SD card a backup copy.

2.- Set up a database server and via the browser do the editing and save everything to an SD card, all in a single device, the reader, but all of this without connect to the internet. So, will be something like set up a server and AP at the same time :?: Is it possible? And if it is, how?

Any other idea?

I'm planing to use (what I have):

Arduino pro mini
ESP8266-01
microSD card Adapter

PS: English isn't my main language, sorry if there's any mistake :oops: