So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By tloz123
#70395 Hey guys. Total newbie here in the arduino world and electronics world. I am working on a project in which the arduino Uno will have a wifi module and a gps module. The gps co-ordinates (longitude, latitude) will be sent to my server via wifi.

I currently have my setup like shown on this picture:
http://www.teomaragakis.com/hardware/electronics/how-to-connect-an-esp8266-to-an-arduino-uno/

I am able to send AT commands through the serial monitor but I would like to control it through my arduino uno by writing sketches on the Arduino IDE. I have downloaded the the Arduino board framework here: https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino and have followed their steps to enable it (On the IDE: Tools > Board > Generic ESP8266 Module). But when I try and use their example code to send a HTTP request, I get the following error:

Code: Select allC:\Users\Yasmeen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp: In function 'void wifi_wps_status_cb(wps_cb_status)':

C:\Users\Yasmeen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp:599:14: error: 'WPS_CB_ST_UNK' was not declared in this scope

case WPS_CB_ST_UNK:

^

Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266WiFi.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Yasmeen\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
 Not used: C:\Users\Yasmeen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Can someone help me? Thanks.
By tloz123
ungtsuhan wrote:Im also facing this problem. Do you found any solution?

Yes, It was because I had imported the board AND imported the libraries. To fix it, just only install the board and thats it. But I'd rather forget about connecting via wifi using the esp-01 chip... absolute nightmare! Get a esp8266, better and much much less headache!
By QuickFix
#71738 First make sure you've got a working Arduino environment with ESP8266 core installed correctly.
You can be sure installation was succesful if you can compile the blink-example (under "File" -> "Examples" -> "01. Basics" (under "Built-in Examples" at the top) -> "Blink") using the profile of a normal Arduino-board ("Tools" - > "Board: Arduino Nano") as well as a generic ESP8266 board ("Tools" -> "Board: Generic ESP8266 Module").

It really isn't that difficult (and it works 100%) if you follow the instructions to the letter; if it doesn't you forgot something or you thought you could make a shortcut somewhere. :idea: