So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By 2slow4me
#70601 Hey guys, i'm working on my first project with the ESP8266, and I need some advice and questions. I would like to send some sensor data from my Arduino (Temperature, Humidity, Pressure) taken from my BME280. Now, i know that this is maybe too much to ask, but i'm stuck on how actually to send these and receive them on the ESP.

What i would like to do is send a float value (Temperature, 26.7 degrees for example) and receive it on the ESP. I got the sensor data on the Arduino, i plan on sending it on an LCD display as well, that's why i dont measure directly with the ESP. Also, i would like to learn how to use the TxRx on the Arduino and ESP. If you guys could provide me with the code of an example from both sides (Arduino and ESP code respectively), i would be extremely grateful. I know it's maybe too much to add, but i've googled a lot and gotten very confused.

2nd questions is a bit unrelated - If i upload a sketch from the Arduino IDE to program the ESP, do i lose the AT commands that come at the start? And if I do, how do i get them back?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I can also send/use integers, so if it's simpler to use integer values, you can also provide the examples for that :)