So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By cblx5
#70920 Hi, 

Could someone please explain if I (naively) loaded  NODEMCU  on my ESP8266 wifi shield  can I revert it back to normal SDK firmware to run AT Commands ?

Background.

Bought a clone ESP8266  WIFI shield (UNO/MEGA) by WangTongze V 1.0  with the 4 pin dip switch and references non existing website elecshop.ml .   Long story short it did not work properly on arrival,  contacted vendors and they sent NODEMCU flashing tool, this did not work too, but armed with this info, I downloaded latest NODEMCU and flashed the shield  and did not realise I would get  LUA.....   not AT command set.

So I am trying  to load SDK and AT using ESP8266 download tool (from Espressif) onto the shield,   but it always fails on SYNC !!   So the shield is never recognised.    I can reload NODEMCU without too many probs.   But I need the AT command set  not LUA.

Hardware  -   the shield is plugged into an UNO  which   ONLY   provides power.   I then communicate  with the ESP8266 via the shield debug port through an FTDI module to a PC.

Only have RXD, TXD and GND connected between  ESP8266 and FTDI.    I think all connection ok and NODEMCU works,  but as above cannot run ESP8266 download tool   beyond SYNC.

Thanks
By cblx5
#71085 Hi,

Have since discovered that in programming mode my esp8266 is running at 74880.
and on reset prints

"ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(1,7)"

and in run mode, on reset

"ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

ets_main.c"

The ESPdownload Tool 3.6.1 has a minimum speed of 115200.

Any advice on how to align the speeds??

Thanks