So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Narfel
#71177 I'm at my wits end as well. I tried it with other sample ajax, another board, a bench power supply instead of usb, got it almost running but then it hang unrecoverably after 2 h. I would almost rule out hardware, since the second board is one i have running for months continuously. Those are Lolin v3 boards if that matters.

Is there any chance of some sort of buffer running full or the fact that my wifi sometimes has hangs where there is connection yet nothing comes through? (we're on mandatory isp routers here :( )
By rudy
#71183 I looked through the thread for a description of the hardware that you are using and I didn't see it. (I might have just missed it) Can you describe and show how you are powering and connecting things? If possible a picture can be worth a thousand words. There have been descriptions here of the setups and no problem could be determined, until a picture was asked for. And then the story was clear and the problem was obvious, sometimes.

I loaded the last code you showed here and it has been running 60 minutes with no problems. (Chrome quietly complaint about a missing favicon.ico file but that's not a requirement)
By rudy
#71187 I'm putting my money on it being a wiring/insufficient power issue based on some of the comments he has made before. I wouldn't go too deep into other discovery methods until we know the hardware has a good chance of being stable.