So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By iturner
#70976 New to the ESP8266. What firmware would be best for use with drone telemetry? The drones use INAV open source controllers which provide two way telemetry via a 5V UART. An Android app provides the functionality. All good. I have been using 915Mhz telemetry which is long range but a bit bulky for small drones. Sooo.. I bought two integrated ESP8266 modules from Banggood which use the ESP8266-7 and operate off 5V. One came with serial pass though firmware installed and supports AT. It does the telemetry job but it is inconvenient to change the configuration away from the bench. I was able to flash one with the Jeelabs firmware after a rookie struggle with the flash setup which leaves me in some doubt if it flashed correctly although the webserver interface does work. However, I can't get it to respond to AT commands. So I am interested to hear from folks who have been using ESP8266s with open source drones, (INAV), and if so what is their advice and experience? Anglian
By iturner
gdsports wrote:Once the Jeelabs esp-link firmware has been burned into Flash, the AT command firmware is gone. AT commands will not work. All configuration must be done use the web interface.

Thanks, I guess I missed the fact that AT commands stop when esp-link is flashed. It does work OK on the drone. Is this the best firmware to use. Do you know of any other firmware with useful features for use with open source drone controllers?