So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By lbarnard94
#71073 Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post!

The issue i’m having is controlling the ESP from openhab2, as i can control it fine from the MQTT.fx.

My ESP is timing out after 90 seconds (as per MQTT log) and struggling to figure it out!

Is there a jumper you have to put somewhere as i have read you have to pull up a few things, and pull down some others, but i cant figure out which ones!

Any help would be great!

Regards
By nbit
#71207 Can you print some log output here? That would help with the context of your questions and understanding your interpretations of what is happening,,,

I also noticed from your other post about the same issue that you're using MQTT.fx to debug. I think this hides some important underpinnings of what may be actually happening... I use "mosquitto_sub" to talk to the ESP with the credentials that you use in openhab (or that you "think" you're using). You say that the ESP is going to "sleep". I don't know what that means because a) I do not see enough context to know what that means, and b) no output log to see the details of what actual communications may be occurring..

It may be that the ESP is not "going to sleep" at all...

If you use mosquitto_sub, you should normally see that openhab is periodically pinging the ESP once openhab has properly subscribed to the ESP client. "mosquitto_sub" lets you subscribe to the ESP client, and you can see everything that is happening, including the ping request and response, so I strongly suggest debugging with that instead of MQTT.fx ...That way you eliminate any outside variables other than the communication between openhab and the ESP. (Such as if openhab had MQTT setup incorrectly or with errors.)

format I usually use to debug like below - VVVVVVV. Look it up for more info
mosquitto_sub -h <host> -d -u <username> -P <password> -t "#"

# - means all topics, that way you can see the topics, if you formatted them incorrectly, etc... Then you’ll be able to see.

lbarnard94 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post!

The issue i’m having is controlling the ESP from openhab2, as i can control it fine from the MQTT.fx.

My ESP is timing out after 90 seconds (as per MQTT log) and struggling to figure it out!

Is there a jumper you have to put somewhere as i have read you have to pull up a few things, and pull down some others, but i cant figure out which ones!

Any help would be great!

Regards