So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By rudy
sudhanshuesp wrote:After i connect the module with a ftdi driver module, it does not works. the ftdi driver is set at 3.3 volt and the esp module is power by a 5 volt supply and a 3.3 volt regulator.

It seems he is not using the FTDI for the 3.3v Vcc.

@sudhanshuesp The second image is the schematic you used. It shows CH_EN being used for reset. This is acceptable, but it shows pin 1 (reset) not connected. Connect this to the reset switch or connect to Vcc.

You should be able to communicate with the module through AT commands. You do not need to program the module to do this. (once programmed the code for AT firmware is overwritten) If you still have problems then you should buy yourself a working development board. Get yourself running and then work with individual modules later.

As an example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP8266 ... 89539.html
By sudhanshuesp
#73457 Thanks for replying so soon everyone.
I got the esp module working yesterday, used the arduino serial port for AT commands, everything worked fine( except few commands as AT+ UART , AT+ CWSAP ) , but the board was working. My android mobile found it when i scanned for available wifi spots and i connected my mobile to it.
I also tried uploading an example from generic library in arduino IDE. It was uploaded correctly and returned values correctly( i dont know what those values meant, but it was some sort of firmware version as i guess)
( GPOI0 was returned to HIGH state when the code returned values in the serial monitor)
Then the problem started. While experimenting with esp8266 downloader tool at http://espressif.com/en/support/download/other-tools
i wanted to upload the latest firmware. so i downloaded it from the expressif website( NONOS ).
First i unchecked all the bin files and checked for the crystal size etc. (image provided)
Then i checked the boxes and started to upload the new firmware. It reached 99% but then it failed (now the original firmware was also erased by the downloader tool).
The command window( the black box collecting data in the images, dont know what is it called) shows everything as OK but then suddenly shows an error. ( image provided)

I have developed a small board with a 5V to 3.3V regulator for the board( as i said it worked with the arduino serial window with the AT commands)
For uploading the firmware, i connect the GPIO0 to ground always.
GPIO15 is connected to ground with a resistor.
GPIO2 is left floating .
CH_PD is high with a resistor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By ratfink
#73458 The ESP12 modules do not have an onboard 3v3 regulator by the way and you will fry them if you try to power from 5v direct. Similarly it's necessary to use a level shifter (can be a simple diode/resistor circuit and voltage divider) to make the serial input/output of the USB/serial adaptor work at 3v3 levels - however I think the OP has one of the FTDI ones that has a jumper to set them to 3v3 mode (very useful)[/quote]

My bad, I was thinking of the dev boards which do.