So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By sudhanshuesp
GPIO 3.3V ARDUINO IMAGE.jpg
Hey
Thanks everyone for replying.
I found out a way to communicate with the esp8266 using ftdi. I used the arduino serial window for the AT commands, which worked fine. After some tinkering, i tried to upload the blink program on the esp8266( might not be a good idea ). The program uploaded, but nothing happened on the esp. Now the AT commands were also not working, so i figured out that the firmware was replaced by the blink program. The ESP started giving some data, when GPIO was 3.3V ( attached in image GPIO 3.3V ARDUINO IMAGE.jpg). The output was (GPIO 0 ARDUINO IMAGE.jpg) when GPIO 0 was connected to ground.

The image shows SPI flash size as 4mb and Mpa as 256+256 kb. I never found any firmware which had .bin files of 256 + 256 kb.

After help form google, i downloaded the ESP downloader tool from expressif website and the latest version of NONOS sdk files. After reading the readme files i tried doing the same. The results were (esp downloadertool unchecked boxes.jpg ). It shows QUAD size of 32mb.
Then i selected the .bin files as given in the readme file.
boot ----- 0*00000
user1 ----0*01000
esp default --- 0* 3fc000
blank---0*7e000 and 0*3fe000
i used the boot mode, 32 Mbit, 512 kb+512kb (again tried with 1024 +1024 but did not work)
The downloading begins, but stops at 99 %, showing the error( error in command window.jpg) .
You can see that the downloading ends at 99%(esp downloader tool checked boxes.jpg). The rx and tx pins on ftdi blinks, means data is being transferred. The whole setup is 3.3 volt compatible, including the ftdi and power source.
How can i upload the original AT command firmware again? I really need that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.