So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By liderbug
#73683 Running 1.8.5 on a RasPi.
So I don't have a problem with a NodeMcu board - sketch, upload, tweek, upload, tweek, upload. So now I want to play with a 5v relay with a plugin 01. sketch, upload-> An error occurred while uploading the sketch. Unplug the board from the proto setup, plug back in, upload and it ran. Went back and tweeked and upload -> An error occurred while uploading the sketch. Now no mater what I do it won't connect. (reboot, kill/restart...). The web has several post about "ya there's a bug...". But I did get it to work, once.
Suggestions pls
Thanks
By liderbug
#73691 IDE on a RasPi
... ttyAMA0 vs ttyUSB0. When I plug in a NodeMCU using a micro B connector the system says I'v connected a ttyUSB0 and the upload works. However on my orig programming jig, for a ESP-12, it would always come up ttyAMA0 using the FTD1232 with a mini B connector. Now through the same FTD1232, the system says it's a ttyUSB0 and connecting a ESP-01 it fails upload. Now I'm confused. I use the FTD1232 for both chips but the system seems to see two different devices. Can someone explain.
Thanks
By liderbug
#73703 So I grabbed another uSD card and swapped out, untarred 185, and it's working.
I love computers.
I love computers.
I love ...