So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By YYeahoo
#73693 Hi I'm new to this world of software, Arduino, and the forums. Please forgive me!
I'm working with a Wemos D1 Mini pro and the Micro SD Shield with a 16gb micro SD Card.

Here is my Problem.
Every time I stick the SD card in a windows 8 or windows 10 PC to update a file, Win10 places the hidden "System Volume Information" folder on My SD Card. :evil: This causes My D1 Mini to crash.....

Questions
So how can I detect this folder and delete it if it exists? I know this is the Long Filename format and using the void printDirectory( ) I see the 8.3 format filename of "SYSTEM~1". I have tried every thing I can think of to delete the folder with no luck! I can use My Win7 PC and delete the folder and everything works Great. But Win10 adds it back every time.

Anyone else had this problem?

GOAL
I want to delete the File/Folder with the D1 Mini pro. I see some FTP posts using SD Card I'm heading there next to do some research. Maybe I can Re-think my approach and work Smarter with the Windows Features, or avoid. My FTP Server to SPIFFS works but limited to 3mb and is horribly slowwwwww for large files.

Thanks for any help you can offer.