So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By dennis.prior
#74117 Hi All
I am a complete noob here but I have a project I wanted to try and could use some help.
I run a volunteer emergency management unit and we have a big incident command truck. I was hoping to automate the setup process using the wemos D1 mini. I think it can be done I just cant find a tutorial on how to do it.

The Vehicle:
the truck it's self has 2 sides that open out with a hydraulic pump, the sides when expanded become the radio room in the command unit. there is also a CCTV mast which needs to be raised

I was hoping to use the wemos D1 mini and some relays to activate the sides and CCTV mast.

What I want to do:
setup a wemos d1 mini with a touch screen to display buttons for each of the operations i.e. open and close each side of the truck (the buttons need to be designed so when i press it the sides move and when i release they stop, like a momentary switch). I also want a button to raise the CCTV mast.

Currently you have to stand outside the vehicle and use a wired control pad to expand the sides. I had a look at this and I can wire up the wemos d1 and relays handy enough. There is plenty of room for them inside the housing.

The CCTV mast switch is on the opposite side of the truck so I will need another wemos d1 and relay for that.

I am having trouble finding out how to setup the software (not my strong suit). I found a tutorial online where 2 wemos d1's send the info to one wemos setup as an access point. I think I need the opposite, 1 wemos controls multiple clients.

I know this is quite long winded and I have probably over complicated my explanation but any help would be great.