So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Cem Kurt
btidey wrote:Your router device list should list devices with mac addresses and ip. They will normally have a default name like ESP_112233 where the number is the last 3 bytes of the mac address.

You can use the router to allocate static ip addresses for their mac addresses which is useful if you want to ensure you can access a particular device at a fixed ip address. The router may aslo allow you to give static ips a more meaningful name.

Although the first 3 bytes of a mac address identify the vendor these are not the same for all ESP modules.

Thank you for your reply :)

I can do that but I want to describe whole ESP modules dynamically. I mean if I change the router I will have to do same setup for new router. Actually my project is like;

There are some devices at home that uses ESP modules to connect home network. I also have an iOs app to control these devices via over the wifi router.

So thats why i need to define whole ESP modules on same network dynamically.
By Luc Volders
#76229 In my router I can give each ESP a fixed IP adress and a name
that I can choose myself.

If your router can do that power them all down and start them up one after one and give them a fixed IP adress and a significant name.

Router01.jpg

Here you can see that one of my esp's has the name ESP-The.........
If you click on it it will say ESP-Thermometer.

Luc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.