So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By EssamEid614
#76914 i have been playing around with my ESP8266 devkit board and i have found some strange results, the module when put to sleep NEVER wakes up unless restarted. although specified in the documentation here https://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/master/en/modules/node/#nodesleep that it can be done. I have modified the line needed but i found something strange that it only said to comment out 1 line regarding PMSLEEP_ENABLE when doing that the module refused until i commented out another line TIMER_SUSPEND_ENABLE which i noticed the comment beside at first but thought to follow the instructions of the makers.

now however trying to put the module to sleep is not working , everytime the module goes to sleep with int_type property set to node.INT_BOTH, the module wouldnt wake up unless i restart it via switch on the board. so for a workaound i would put the module to sleep with the int_type property set to node.LOW or node.High however neither of them work, the module does go to sleep briefly then the module just restarts with a watchdog timer reset.

any ideas for reliable ways to put the module to sleep ? or am i just doing something wrong that i completely missed?

sorry for my bad English but i hope i explained it well enough.