So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By ian
#77995 I doubt it's possible in the UK.

btidey beat me to it - I've never seen a neutral in a UK light switch :( It's extremely annoying but there's not a lot we can do about it!

If you can access the wiring at the lamp there is obviously a neutral there & a Sonoff would do what you want.

Ian
By Tenatious
ian wrote:I doubt it's possible in the UK.

btidey beat me to it - I've never seen a neutral in a UK light switch :( It's extremely annoying but there's not a lot we can do about it!

If you can access the wiring at the lamp there is obviously a neutral there & a Sonoff would do what you want.

Ian

I have neutral in my switches. New build house.
By btidey
#78004 The Sonoffs are very good value for money but I like to put stuff together myself for added flexibility.

This is an example of home built relay module I use in several apps.

Major components are ESP-12F (£1.50), Hi-Link 3.3V PSU(£2.00), Songle 3.3V relay(£0.50). Other bits probably come to less than £1.00.

Dimensions are 57 x 32 x 21mm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#78007 When I see that kind of construction, prototype boards, I worry about aigap and clearances between pads when used with higher voltages. When using those boards with higher voltages I strongly suggest cutting out the pads and holes that are not being used around the connections with applied high voltages.

I used to design boards with a 0.075" minimum gap between high voltage traces. 0.072" was the minimum allowed in most of the categories we have our products approved to. Now with harmonization of standards the requirements are even wider spacings.