So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By tenchiayase
#83303 I have WEMOS D1, WEMOS D1 mini, and Adafruit Huzzah boards. All were working well sending temperature data to Thingspeak. I had a problem with my internet service provider, they removed some splitters, and finally the router. After the router was replaced the ESP8266 boards will no longer connect to my WIFI. I also have many Raspberry Pis and Particle boards that continued sending data to Thingspeak after the router was replaced.

Using the example WIFIscan sketch the network name is listed in the scan. The boards will not connect to my WIFI. I have reserved an IP using the mac address of the WEMOS D1, same result, will not connect to my WIFI. I downgraded the ESP8266 board manager to 2.30, with the same result, I also tried 2.51 with the same result. I had a new WEMOS D1 still in the package, this will not connect to my WIFI network.

The only thing that has changed is the router provided by the service provided. Powere isn't an issue. The boards were working well on wall power, and USB powered. After the router was replaced the Raspberry Pis and Particle boards continued sending data to Thingspeak. The ESP8266 boards will no longer connect to my WIFI network. The SSID and password is the same, these did not change.

I don't know what to how resolve this issue. Very frustrating. I have moved all the sensors that were connected to my ESP8266 boards to my Raspberry Pis. Very frustrated that I am unable to use the ESP8266 boards to send data, this is the reason for using them over non-ESP8266 boards like Arduino Uno and Nano, etc.