So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Lennox
#86603 Hi Folks,
I'm new on the forum, and I have trouble with ESP01 board.
I try to get run ESPBASIC on ESP 01.
My setup:
ESP 01 (black pcb, probably 1M flash)
CH340C USB to SERIAL converter
3.3V PSU
Wiring exactly as recommend (RX-TX,TX-RX,IO0-GND,EN-3.3V,3.3V,GND).
After flashing I got this message:
Uploading 438240 bytes from .\build\1M\ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin to flash at 0x00000000
................................................................................ [ 18% ]
................................................................................ [ 37% ]
................................................................................ [ 56% ]
................................................................................ [ 74% ]
................................................................................ [ 93% ]
............................ [ 100% ]

It seems to be flashed OK.

Then switch OFF the board, unconnect the IO0 pin from GND, unconnect the USB converter.
After power up NO ACCESS POINT created.

Can please someone point me what I'm overlooked or what I'm doing wrong. I search on the forum but no succes to find the answer.
Thanks,
Lennox
By AcmeUK
Then switch OFF the board, unconnect the IO0 pin from GND, unconnect the USB converter.
After power up NO ACCESS POINT created.

You do not say how you are powering the board after you have disconnected the USB to SERIAL converter.

What happens if you leave the esp and CH340C connected, unplug the USB cable, disconnect the IO0 pin from GND, then reconnect the USB cable?
Have you read the information at http://www.esp8266basic.com?
Have you tried the sample wi-fi examples?
By Lennox
#86607 Hi AcmeUK,
how you are powering the board after you have disconnected the USB to SERIAL converter

The ESP is powered from external 3.3V supply. 3.3V-EN, 3.3V, GND
What happens if you leave the esp and CH340C connected, unplug the USB cable, disconnect the IO0 pin from GND, then reconnect the USB cable?

Nothing
Have you read the information at http://www.esp8266basic.com?

Yes, I follow the instruction shown in video.
Have you tried the sample wi-fi examples?

No because I can't connnect to ESP via browser because after flash the ESP2 accesspoint not show up in available wifi networks.
By Lennox
#86637 I tried another (new) ESP 01 board with 1M flash and no success to get run the ESPBASIC.
Something I doing wrong, but I don't know what.
I try to flash the Ai-Thinker firmware and it works like a charm no problem whatsoever.
Boards in working condition. Other firmwares flashed OK an works, only that ESPBASIC not work.
Then I try flash the ESPBASIC firmware with ESP_DOWNLOAD_TOOL_V2.4, flash went OK but the board not create the ESP2 accesspoint like shown in the description like my previous attempts with bundled flashing tool. A fter power up the ESP red LED lit up, the blue LED flashed once and thats all, no signs of life.
What is the trick with this ESPBASIC? I really tried everithing (or not).
Thanks for answer.