So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By kipet
#86943 Hi Rudi,
i took much care on power supply issues:
- i have used a separate regulator for up to 1A
- i have added a 6.8uF cap directly between the supply pins
- i think in this startup phase, the device has not yet activated the current hungry WLAN transmitter with+25dBm

You are also recommending to use an evalboard like nodemcu.
If i understood correctly, these are using the same 8266 hardware, why should this behave different and easier.
What is different?
Ok, for some trials i can buy a module, but at the end i will need a small module like ESP07 to add to my ready application.
Do you think, a new firmware download could help to overcome the issues, isn't the ESPmodule delivered with a suitable firmware loaded?
By rudy
#86946 The parts used are only half of the story. How you used them is the other half. The regulator should be as close as possible to the ESP07. I normally use closer to 100uF. Actually multiple capacitors. It is also important to use capacitors with low inductance. Surface Mount parts generally are better due to the short lead connections.

When the application starts, a RF calibration is performed, and this takes a lot of current.

I don't know what your problem is. It may or may not be power related. But without seeing what you have done, I can't rule it out.

I have never use the AT based firmware, so I can't say how well it works. Like most people who do their own program for the ESP8266 I use the Arduino framework. It is an easier way to get something working.