So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By RicDG
#91996 I am currently sending temperature data between two ESP8266 modules (500m apart) using ESP-NOW, as there is no WiFi available in the area. (See attached screen image.) I want the sensor data at the receiving ESP module to be displayed on a LED matrix, which I have previously used with a Raspberry Pi Zero.

I have found useful info at https://www.i-programmer.info/programming/hardware/10037-raspberry-pi-wifi-with-the-esp8266-.html
on how to wire and configure the Pi, but as a relative beginner it is not clear to to me what code is required for the Pi to get the temperature variables from the wired ESP.

Any help would be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By RicDG
read_esp.py.jpg
read_esp.py.jpg
RicDG wrote:I am currently sending temperature data between two ESP8266 modules (500m apart) using ESP-NOW, as there is no WiFi available in the area. (See attached screen image.) I want the sensor data at the receiving ESP module to be displayed on a LED matrix, which I have previously used with a Raspberry Pi Zero.

I have found useful info at https://www.i-programmer.info/programming/hardware/10037-raspberry-pi-wifi-with-the-esp8266-.html
on how to wire and configure the Pi, but as a relative beginner it is not clear to to me what code is required for the Pi to get the temperature variables from the wired ESP.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have made progress in getting sensor variables from the ESP to Pi via wires with the code per attached
read_esp.py.jpg

However I have not been able to adapt this code with the Zeller library to display on the LED matrix with attached extract
LEDdisplay.py.jpg
. I'd need to pick up the 2 temperature sensor variables (in C) and the 4.2 (V) battery voltage. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.