So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Flyrobo
#93135 I want to upload my code to the Esp8266 board with the help of Arduino IDE. I saw some videos online on how to go about it. But I could not understand the procedure to upload the code. I also saw that you need a TTL module to upload the code. Any help about this is appreciated.
By rpiloverbd
#93158 Hello, Many versions of the NodeMCU have in-built USB to TTL converter. They can be directly connected to the computer. Which version are you using? Could you please share a link with us?
By QuickFix
#93161 @rpiloverbd: just to be clear (for TS) an ESP8266 is not a NodeMCU; the NodeMCU board contains an ESP8266. :idea:
NodeMCU_Breakdown.png

What ESP8266 module do you have?
Do you have a module (ESP-01 - ESP-12) or a development board (like the NodeMCU, already mentioned, or a Wemos)?

What does it look like and where did you get it from: show us a picture or a link.
Our Wiki might also help you identifying the one you have (though it is outdated).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rpiloverbd
QuickFix wrote:@rpiloverbd: just to be clear (for TS) an ESP8266 is not a NodeMCU; the NodeMCU board contains an ESP8266. :idea:
NodeMCU_Breakdown.png

What ESP8266 module do you have?
Do you have a module (ESP-01 - ESP-12) or a development board (like the NodeMCU, already mentioned, or a Wemos)?

What does it look like and where did you get it from: show us a picture or a link.
Our Wiki might also help you identifying the one you have (though it is outdated).

Oh I really made a gross mistake even though I knew these matters! Thanks a lot, dear friend. You made it clear. Let's see what the questioner is using. Thanks again.