Left here for archival purposes.

By scargill
#3235 I got the code to work by putting it into a FILE.... see this example - BUT there is a problem - it's SLOWLY eating RAM and not recovering even over time if left alone. and I don't know why.

So a VERY simple example - the function is stored in a FILE so as to minimise RAM use. It is called once only after power up assuming I have an IP address.... and listens and responds on port 4000 in this case.

So it reads the status of a string l1. it can also change the state of that string.... back and forth. It really is working fine - but it's using up RAM and not giving it back... any idea WHY? I absolutely need to stop this to make it work... BUG? or ME?

If I run it constantly it seems to not use up any RAM but if I start and stop the APP on the phone - it seems to use up RAM... I can't imagine WHERE that would be.... so ultimately the program will fail after enough interruptions.. Happy to admit I'm lost on this one..

file.remove("mylistener.lua")
file.open("mylistener.lua","w")
file.writeline([[l1="0\n"]])

file.writeline([[sv=net.createServer(net.TCP, 90) ]])
file.writeline([[sv:listen(4000,function(c)]])
file.writeline([[c:on("receive", function(sck, pl) ]])
file.writeline([[print(pl) ]])
file.writeline([[if (pl=="GO1\n") then c:send(l1) ]])
file.writeline([[elseif pl=="YES1\n" then l1="1\n" c:send("OK\n") ]])
file.writeline([[elseif pl=="NO1\n" then l1="0\n" c:send("OK\n") ]])

file.writeline([[else c:send("0\n") ]])
file.writeline([[end]])
file.writeline([[end)]])
file.writeline([[end)]])
file.close()

My real program has 4 variables and 4 sets of controls but the result is the same - see output - note half way down the RAM drops

GO1

GO2

GO3

GO4

GO1

GO2

GO1

GO3

GO4

GO2

GO1

GO3

By RichardS
#3246 TOPIC LOCKED.

Please post each new bug in its own thread, and chat about existing bugs in existing threads.

Richard.