Post your best Lua script examples here

By sancho
gerardwr wrote:Any help is welcome, so I can focus on getting my ESp a proper power supply, hopefully that will give me a more stable reset-behaviour.

I am using simple MC33269DT-3.3, added 2 pieces of 470uF capacitors (small, 20V rated, did not have smaller).
I am powering it from the 5V rail of PL2303 adapter.
Since I am using this instead of the integrated regulator on the PL2303, I did not encountered any power-related issues, the device is stable and was able to "blink" the webserver controlled diode for over 3 days without a glitch.
By gerardwr
sancho wrote:
gerardwr wrote:Any help is welcome, so I can focus on getting my ESp a proper power supply, hopefully that will give me a more stable reset-behaviour.

I am using simple MC33269DT-3.3, added 2 pieces of 470uF capacitors (small, 20V rated, did not have smaller).
I am powering it from the 5V rail of PL2303 adapter.
Since I am using this instead of the integrated regulator on the PL2303, I did not encountered any power-related issues, the device is stable and was able to "blink" the webserver controlled diode for over 3 days without a glitch.

Hi Sancho,
Powered just the ESP from the 3.3V pin from a FTDI adapter, with 33uF cap across (largest I got). Multi-resets were required to get it started (it did) and then mostly ran for HOURS. Then all of a sudden resets would fail, even multi-resets. When I try again later, multi-resetting was OK, sometimes!

Naively as I am I did not believe that the I had a power issue!

Today I replaced the power from the FTDI by 2 AA Eneloop recharchables. Starts up immediately and reliably now. Stupid me!

Back to the webserver development for me. Have a nice day.