Post your best Lua script examples here

By uhrheber
#3802 gerardwr,

it's just that there's too much stuff going on. So many things to try out.
I saw your post, but have so many things going on, that I didn't find the time to even respond, yet try it out.
And this is only one of so many interesting projects.

But you possibly know the feeling.

Cheers
Uhrheber
By gerardwr
uhrheber wrote:gerardwr,
it's just that there's too much stuff going on. So many things to try out.

Yep, I know the feeling!

When the ESP was announced late august on Hackaday I was a little scary because of the low price, but ordered them anyway. Liked it!!!!

At first I tried the SDK development route, but getting a build environment was already a challenge, diving in to the ESP C-world is another!

When nodeMcu was announced I embraced that for my own prototyping.

I more or less check what's going on the other topics of the board, but am served quite enough by my own Lua challenges.

Have fun!
By zeroday
gerardwr wrote:
gwizz wrote:Just wanted to say that it might feel that you are all alone here hacking away in the dark....
<snip>
Your good work here is being noted and appreciated - I'm sure we'll see some projects and even products based on it soon enough.

Anyhow, for every one person speaking up there are at least a hundred silently reading and you should consider yourselves hacker's hackers - people making the stuff of the 21st century!

Gareth

Thanks for your nice words, they are heartwarming!

In general hackers do not often mind (happily) "hacking in the dark". They are often in for the personal fun, like me!

[fustration mode ON]
However if you're trying to combine personal fun, with giving something back to "the community", it CAN be a little frustrating when only few actively join the conversation. You start wondering if you're working on something sensible.
[frustration mode OFF]

Your thumbs-up made my day, gives me fuel for the next stretch.

Hope you get your ESP delivered soon, and then come and join the fun.

Have a nice day Gareth.

+1
Thank you, and can I put your code in my examples or demos folder in github someday.
I'm now busy fixing.... :(
By picstart1
RecX 02.12.14 09:18:53 :JË
@ýS:ýà;Ì;!Gú™RH ³
NodeMcu 0.9.2 build 20141202 powered by Lua 5.1.4
lua: init.lua:22: '=' expected near 'se'
> node.restart()
RecX 02.12.14 09:19:25 :
"Ê+
:ÿ:'ênÌ:#ªøÙæ =þòÄþ
NodeMcu 0.9.2 build 20141202 powered by Lua 5.1.4
lua: init.lua:22: '=' expected near 'se'

loaded init.lua from archeif2.zip and got the above error

Update my error there was a bad upload of the *.lua to the esp8266 ..the upload overran the esp8266