Left for archival purposes.

By sfinx
Markus Gritsch wrote:
rvtk wrote:What kind of work is needed to get this code into the nodemcu firmware?
I don't know. zeroday is free to add this code to the official code base. Maybe he would be more motivated, if you fork it on github and make a pull request for him. Maybe it would also be preferred, if the code would not be added to gpio.c but if it would be located in its own ws2812.c module.

Hi Markus, do you have any intention of opening such a pull request yourself? Would be great to have this code in the main nodemcu build.
By nfovet
sfinx wrote:Hi Markus, do you have any intention of opening such a pull request yourself? Would be great to have this code in the main nodemcu build.

+1 !
I'm using this modified pre-built binary image for 3 days now, and this addon for WS2812 leds is really a must have feature ! :) :)
By dereulenspiegel
#9113 Hi!

I read that an integration into NodeMCU would be nice, so I did it. I created it as a separate module which can be disabled on built.
Unfortunately my ESP-01 seems to be burned out (got very hot and doesn't react to commands any more), so I can't test my modifications. But if anyone else is interested in testing, here is my fork: https://github.com/dereulenspiegel/node ... ree/ws2812
If I get the ok from testers (or if China Mail delivers my replacement modules) I will create a pull request.