Left for archival purposes.

By mb323
#15860 Andrew,

Thanks a bunch, your WS2812 library helped me out.

Incidentially, I have a working web server using the #include <ESP8266WiFi.h> library. There was an example script that I added your WS2812 library to and now I can control the LED's over WiFi.

If this is what you are looking for in web server capability, it's from the IOT demo. I can post more details.
By Speshal
mb323 wrote:Andrew,

Thanks a bunch, your WS2812 library helped me out.

Incidentially, I have a working web server using the #include <ESP8266WiFi.h> library. There was an example script that I added your WS2812 library to and now I can control the LED's over WiFi.

If this is what you are looking for in web server capability, it's from the IOT demo. I can post more details.

Please post more details :D
By mb323
#16039 Ok, this is what I remember....

I took the libraries for "esp8266com" out of the hardware folder in the ESP8266 Arduino IDE download and added those drivers to my own Arduino hardware library.

I then opened up the example "WiFiWebServer" under "ESP8266WiFi" in the Arduino examples menu. That example has the include <ESP8266WiFi.h> and waits for a client connection to send a HTTP URL string with commands "/gpio/0" for off and "/gpio/1" for on. I modified the command structure for my own purposes and added Andrew's WS2812 LED Driver.

I got the ESP8266COM library from the following https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

I have been through so many libraries to get the LED working, I don't even remember if I had any trouble with the ESP8266COM library. But it all works now. At one point my ESP8266 had stopped responding all together so I refreshed to the default firmware and started over.

Don't forget to add your SSID and password at the top, otherwise all you will see is ........
By Hellsy
#21066 Hello.

I'm trying 16-led ws2811 (FC-102) with ESP and it's almost working, but 1st led randomly enabling green color after each update. If I send black to all of them every 10ms:

Code: Select allcf = string.char(0, 0, 0)
buf = (cf..cf..cf)..cf..(cf..cf..cf)..(cf..cf..cf)..(cf..cf..cf)..(cf..cf..cf)
tmr.alarm(1, 10, 1, function()
    ws2812.writergb(4, buf)
end)

then it's just blinking green on 1st. If I do it once it can stay black or green.

I tryed it with Arduino fastled3.0.3 - all ok. So, it's not hardware bug.

Any ideas how to fix it, please?