Left for archival purposes.

By Flip
GeoNomad wrote:What about the internal temperature sensor on the esp8266?

It would be useful to access that.

Remember that the chip temperature may be between 10 to 40°C above ambient while working. as long as you dont want to check if the chip is overheating its pretty useless to know.

Flip
By gwizz
Flip wrote:Remember that the chip temperature may be between 10 to 40°C above ambient while working.

But if you have been busy sleeping in the deepest sleep possible for the last 10 or so minutes, then immediately after waking up even the die temp will be somewhat coupled to the ambient temperature.

I would like to experiment with this, if it can be found to be accurate even to 2 degrees C then it is still pretty useful.

Regarding the modularity of drivers etc - bloat vs easy functionality - difficult call. One for the architects, the grey beards, the wise crones.

I hope we can find good optimisations because memory does seem like a challenge!
By Quindor
#6162 Any progress on getting the DHT11/DHT22 to work with NodeMCU? I'm not sure if adding the driver into the firmware is the way to go but if somebody could write it into a function or some other easy to use form? I would really love to do a project with it but having to write the code myself is a bit daunting. :oops: