Left for archival purposes.

By GeoNomad
gerardwr wrote:+1

Would be great if all 3 modes in the Espressif ESP8266 Beginners Guide would be supported.:

Schermafbeelding 2014-12-10 om 13.55.40.png

+1

Has anyone tried the deep sleep mode?

I am wondering if the power for the RTC in deep sleep mode needs to be applied through the pin on the chip labelled VDD_RTC? Or is that an output for a different RTC than the internal clock?

On a related note, Light sleep "disables the crystal", which to my mind would disable the RTC (or at least make it not reliable).

FYI, testing different boards over long periods, the clock accuracy (Action Mode) has been +/- 5 seconds per day with random variations over the temperature range 10-20C. This was not a complete test, merely observations from the devices I am logging here.
By Fr4gg0r
#7321 I tried it; the api call returns 1 but the wifi stays on.
Calling with "LIGHT_SLEEP_T" even increases the power usage (in station mode).

Edit: I read this thread and came to the following conclusions: http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=10

MODEM_SLEEP is normally active when the device is in station mode. When you look at the current you will see it fluctuating between 0.01A and 0.07A when not sending data. This mode does not actually disable the modem, but activates power management features.

I tried
Code: Select allwifi_station_set_auto_connect(false);
result =  wifi_station_disconnect();

but then the current consumption stays at 0.07A instead of 0.01A. :?