Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By omar
#8749 There are great tools for LUA scripting such as ESPlorer and LUA Uploader (thanks!), but still requires serial port access to program the ESP8266 NodeMCU. Really wish that these tools will support serial over TCP very soon, but here is the temporary workaround to remotely program the ESP8266 in LUA console over the network. This is accomplished by using "telnet.lua" code and serial emulation over TCP (such as Etherlogic virtual serial port emulator). Attached is the detail on how it is accomplished. Have fun remote LUA scripting on the ESP!
Attachments
(652.48 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
By raz123
#17123 Have you found a way to upload binary files (eg: photos) with this method or a similar one?

I've tried everything under the sun to upload binary files to an ESP running a telnet server without success.
By Donquixote2u
#42924 This concept (remote wifi pprogramming) seems the ultimate, so I can't understand why this thread is idle! That web ide sounds good, but the lack of documentation and user feedback put me off a bit, plus it seems to refer to a dev board that doesn't exist yet.

I'm trying to implement Omar's idea (Esplorer redirected via telnet) in a linux environment using socat instead of the suggested windows redirector; I've got the chip sorta talking to the IDE, but the comms is getting corrupted somehow.

Has anyone else done this in a linux environment?