Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By robo
#16029 Okay, as NodeLua is dead i have to go with NodeMCU :-)
And sorry i am dead tired and don't have the bandwidth to read through all the nodeMCU posts :-/

I don't want to hook up the ESP via RX TX to a usb-serial. Only once to flash such a firmware:

1. On startup it checks "client settings" and if filled it flashes the lua code from the internet/intranet and executes it.
2. With no or faulty "client settings" (access point and url from where to download lua code) it goes into server mode offering a very simply form to enter the "client settings" or directly upload lua code.

The ESP will "always" be used either in client mode or server mode anyway.
Such a (forked) firmware would only take a few bytes more
and i would happily contribute $5-$10 to a $1000 kickstarter campaign.

And would be even more happy if such a firmware already exists :-)

the Roland
ideas welcome.
By TerryE
#16087 Roland, not everyone needs kickstarter funding ;) I am already developing a framework which does what you want, because it's basically the same as what I want. It's already on github but I am still rounding off functionality and sorting out basic bugs. It should be at a stage where others can review / use in a few days and I'll publish the URI.
By robo
#16093 Great to hear and will happily wait for your url here :-)

Wouldn't it be possible to only install a core nodeMCU firmware and download needed libraries together with the lua code ?

Kickstarter is not only about money, but also about founding a community!

And with Alibaba you could offer an Esp with your firmware already on board.
Just attach 3.3 volt and gnd and start coding..

I am not so happy that so many of you make things only because you want to have them yourself. This ego driven approach does not really make the world a better place..