client.lua : 1612 bytes
init.lua : 701 bytes
s.txt : 53 bytes
server.lua : 1277 bytes
y.htm : 170 bytes
----------------------------
Total file(s) : 5
Total size : 3813 bytes

I have noticed that all lua files share its vars. So no need to re-parse the s.txt again in client.lua or server.lua :-) But the timer id in init.lua can no longer be used in client.lua nor in the downloaded file :-/ So i have this suspicion that memory of init.lua and client.lua are not freed at all :-( Would need a command to kill at least client.lua when the final code is downloaded and executed.

ideas welcome.
By TerryE
#16483 How about you stop taking pot shots at people offering help then you might get a but more support and input? Even if you don't agree with the approach -- which isn't so much an IDE as a server-based provisioning and control system, BTW -- then browse the code for some techniques. E.g. how I keep my framework overhead down to 3.5Kb.

My last response to you :-(
By robo
#16547 added an install.lua file, that creates all framework files in one step:

https://github.com/RoboDurden/ESPLoad/b ... nstall.lua

Just upload to esp and execute.
after reboot, esp will enter access point mode because s.txt is yet missing.
fill the form at 192.168.4.1 and empty the error input, then esp will reboot and download your lua filme from the internet :-)

install.lua will create/overwrite the following files
init.lua
client.lua
server.lua
y.htm
and in the end removes itself :-)

ideas welcome

Terry, when you reread you comments you will notice that you did not contribute anything to this thread anyway. Good luck to you, i will not miss you :-)
And of course you would say this to be my fault :-(

"What failures see in others is only a reflection of themselves." - Robo Durden

"you either lose or fail"- Robo Durden

"losing liberates"- Robo Durden

and the second rule: you always speak yes :-)
By RichardS
#16612 This board was created by me for a place for people to share ideas, and share their work, if you do not like the work, then walk away. I do not have time to read all the posts and see who I think is right and who is wrong. I am not into banning, just please people play nice :-)

Richard.