Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By GeoNomad
#3651 I have been futzing around with a little Windows application to upload files and have some quick buttons for functions like dofile(), etc.

It's available for download on my site for early adopter types who don't mind a few (make that a lot) of bugs.

But, it is already pretty useful (to me) and I will add features as I need them or as requested by others.

The [cat] function eats heap memory like crazy, so it is best to restart after using it. Fortunately, that is as easy as one click.

The file.list is handy as it populates the dofile, remove, and cat buttons with the file list from the chip.

Good luck!
By scabskunk
#3652 Very cool looking. I just downloaded it and was unable to talk to my board.
First and simply how do you open a session?
And are there any issues with high comports? Mine is currently on COM17 (any answers for this can be posted in Finding serial ports on PC for LuaLoader thread) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=698
New to the ESP8266 and i hope this tool will help me alot.
By yes8s
#3656 Thanks for sharing.

This looks quite promising and I would love to be able use something like this but it's not working very well for me. The first couple of times I tried to send a node.heap() command it worked ok but then something happened and now all data comes across as shown below.

Untitled.jpg