Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By GeoNomad
brig wrote:Under the same conditions and with the same module, the program LuaUploader is working properly.

I flashed the firmware module nodemcu_512k.bin 12/12/2014 using ESP8266Flaysher. When you start LuaLoader this message appears, and then closes LuaLoader (but still present in RAM - you can see in Task Manager). I have Windows 7 64-bit. Previous releases LuaLoader (up to 2014.12.12) worked fine.
So what happens when first launched the LuaLoader, and then turn on the power module.

Are you saying this occurs when you run LuaLoader without using any menus or clicking any buttons? I am also on W7 64 bit.

LuaLoader doesn't require any extra files or automatically load any until you click load, so I am not sure where this error could come from. Make sure you have the latest LuaLoader and if you can give me more information, please tell me.

LuaLoader does save a log file, so if you have the log file in a write protected folder, maybe something like that could occur. I will look at that.

Are you running as administrator?
By brig
#4801 I found the cause of the problems.
Here's a snippet of settings in the registry of your program:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Benlo.com]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Benlo.com\LuaLoader]

"WorkingDir"="D:\\ESP8266\\_NODEMCU\\LuaLoader\\"
"LogFile"="D:\\ESP8266\\_NODEMCU\\LuaLoader\\ReadMe.txt"

So it was before, but now i reorganized the directory structure and your program does not detect files where they were before. Should be corrected.
I just deleted the registry key...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Benlo.com]
...and configure the program again. Everything worked ...
Good luck!
By GeoNomad
#4818 Yes, the cause was that you moved files and then LuaLoader couldn't find them.

I found the one that wasn't checking before opening it and it now (0.66 coming soon) just shows an error message, as it should have the first time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter