Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By MK1888
GeoNomad wrote:Are other settings being saved for you?

Hi Peter.

Yes, it saves the baud rate. But right-clicking and select "Save current values of DTR..." has no effect. When I close the port and reopen it, DTR and RTS go back to green. I'm using WinXP with a CP2102 USB-serial bridge.

[pause for troubleshooting]

Update: It seems that clicking "Disconnect" is the issue.

Update2: Should lines 999 and 1000 of your SerialNG.pas file be setting DTR and RTS to True? I think the default values of those signal lines are high?
By GeoNomad
MK1888 wrote:
GeoNomad wrote:Are other settings being saved for you?

Hi Peter.

Yes, it saves the baud rate. But right-clicking and select "Save current values of DTR..." has no effect. When I close the port and reopen it, DTR and RTS go back to green. I'm using WinXP with a CP2102 USB-serial bridge.

[pause for troubleshooting]

Update: It seems that clicking "Disconnect" is the issue.

Update2: Should lines 999 and 1000 of your SerialNG.pas file be setting DTR and RTS to True? I think the default values of those signal lines are high?

I can change the defaults. As it happens, false is high, and I probably just assumed the opposite when I threw in the default value. Also, it is unimportant as the intended defaults are supposed to be saved for each user when the program is closed. Nevertheless, I have changed the defaults to high in 0.86.

If the defaults aren't being saved properly, it may be the order of doing something, so let me know how you end up with them not being saved, and I can attend to it. It seems to save fine for me when I close and re-open the program.
By MK1888
#11605 Sorry, I may have been a little unclear with the last part.

I did verify that the settings are being saved to the registry. But clicking "Disconnect" and then "Connect" causes the DTR and RTS to be set to True (low) no matter what.

Should I not be disconnecting before I close the program? Are the defaults being applied before, or after, lines 999 and 1000 are executed?
By GeoNomad
MK1888 wrote:Sorry, I may have been a little unclear with the last part.

I did verify that the settings are being saved to the registry. But clicking "Disconnect" and then "Connect" causes the DTR and RTS to be set to True (low) no matter what.

Should I not be disconnecting before I close the program? Are the defaults being applied before, or after, lines 999 and 1000 are executed?

The defaults apply to when the program is started and after the connection is made for the first time.

You are right, it would make sense to apply the defaults each time the port is connected.

Myself, I don't connect and disconnect manually. I just open and close the program. So the default happens when the program starts. I will look at changing to setting the defaults when connect is done manually. Or, perhaps, restoring the last state before the disconnect.