Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By alonewolfx2
#3918 [Post updated 16.12.2014]

I am developing a new application for lua operation and serial console. I will try to evaluate all suggestions.

Here is initial relase. v0.1 beta
Link
Here is features for now.

1-You can choose serial connection mode or wifi connection mode.(wifi mode require wifiagent)
    2-Autocomplete or suqqestion in command text
    3-Create a command with a few mouse click
    4-File upload(from file or text area)
    5-Firmware upload(removed until stable)
    6-Edit file in the chip filesystem
    7-Quick pwm test with trackbar(pwm test for led on the gpio2)

Here is screenshots.
Attachments
luaSender2.PNG
Screenshot 2014-12-03 14.51.43.png
By yes8s
#3923 Good work. I'm still waiting to see a good 'all in one' esp lua development program and provided it's not too buggy, it looks pretty close.

One feature I would like, which should be relatively easy to implement is to be able to read and edit a stored file from a window from the same application. Could work something like this:

- read in all lines of a stored file and display them in an editable text field.
- make necessary changes to script
- save and reupload to esp via a button.
(Could also be to append more functions to an existing file)

This is particularly useful when writing and testing functions and or files iteratively. It can make dev faster.

Another nice to have feature would be to be able to create (persistent) customizable buttons with custom code that when pressed will execute a line or a (small) number of lines in succession.

Maybe also an ability to see wifi and serial simultaneously - I.e. Side by side windows.

When can we start beta testing? :P
By alonewolfx2
yes8s wrote:Good work. I'm still waiting to see a good 'all in one' esp lua development program and provided it's not too buggy, it looks pretty close.
thank you :)
yes8s wrote:One feature I would like, which should be relatively easy to implement is to be able to read and edit a stored file from a window from the same application. Could work something like this:

- read in all lines of a stored file and display them in an editable text field.
- make necessary changes to script
- save and reupload to esp via a button.
(Could also be to append more functions to an existing file)

This is particularly useful when writing and testing functions and or files iteratively. It can make dev faster.

I am think about same thing and i will add this feature.
yes8s wrote:Another nice to have feature would be to be able to create (persistent) customizable buttons with custom code that when pressed will execute a line or a (small) number of lines in succession.

it will be good. i am adding to-do list
yes8s wrote:Maybe also an ability to see wifi and serial simultaneously - I.e. Side by side windows.

it can be problem with small screen resolution.
yes8s wrote:When can we start beta testing? :P.

most likely tomorrow :)