Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By marvi
#27874 Solved. I was trying to build on my real (not virtual) centos 6.7 machine, but something is wrong.
Tried with a ubuntu virutal machine.
Found a template for building an micropython firmare, added the esplua repository and compiled.
This worked at the first attempt.
I found the template here:

https://learn.adafruit.com/building-and-running-micropython-on-the-esp8266/build-firmware
By fixingthingsguy
#37418 Hi, Thanks for the link. I'm going to have to dive in and figure it out because I need a variation to solve a problem with enabling adc(tout) on my dev. board. I have been using the Marcel's frightanic up to this point, but couldn't find a way to use his service for this need.
If you have any tips that made it go smoothly, pl. let us know and I will incorporate.
Regards and thanks for the research.
By forlotto
#37423 you can use firghtitanic builds errr I think that is spelled right not 100% sure where you can select only the modules you need or want.
By fixingthingsguy
forlotto wrote:you can use firghtitanic builds errr I think that is spelled right not 100% sure where you can select only the modules you need or want.

Thanks for your note. I have used frightanic, but the designer does not support choices, I think because of the complexity and the likely testing and validation activities. So, I will have to do this, hopefully once I set up, I can re-use and customize in ways I need.