Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By adamjennison
#52621 Hi all,
I can't seem to get the new firmware from http://nodemcu-build.com/ (V 1.5.4.1) to work on any of my nodes..

I've a fair number of them, all nodemcu's via aliexpress, so far I've only had one DOA.
I want to create a lot of sensors around the house and garden, I've got 5 of them running already with various modules attached (DHT11, DHT22, MQ-7, LDRs etc)
So the new batch arrived along with a few more sensors - BMP180, Lux light level etc - all these new ones run via i2c.

The firmware I've been using to base my lua scripts on wasn't compiled with i2c so I thought I'd just pop along to the build your own and download a new version with the i2c and a few other modules added.

My original firmware from June this year had 10 modules, the new one had 18.

I use Ubuntu and esptool.py for flashing along with ESPlorer for programming, so far I've never had a problem.

It seemed to flash the new firmware with the 18 modules correctly but when rebooting the node it just started flashing its LED very rapidly. I tried to communicate with it but nothing..
:(

I then tried to reduce the number of modules along with DEV instead of MASTER - nothing..
I changed the baud setting, the cable - everything.. i verified the image after every flashing and also did a delete flash before each - but nothing loaded from the new firmware.

I tried this on three different node's - 2 from the same manufacture and 1 from a different manufacture.
All failed.

I then tried the old 10 module firmware from June ( i think it's 1.5.1 according to this page https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firmware/releases) and it flashed without a problem on all three of the nodes - I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong?

Is anyone else having an issue?

All I want is the i2c module working..
:)

Your thoughts would be appreciated..
thanks
By ChrisSparks
#52702 I'll join in with you here. I tried an autobuild, and I noticed it failed to operate the device. Then I reverted back to my 0.9.6 version and it still doesn't work. Can't communicate or anything. I'd like to get the device back to a happy state and maybe hand build the firmware for what I need but all I can do is flash it and nothing more.

Chris
By ChrisSparks
#52746 Thanks. I looked that up and I see what you mean. But when I did this:

sudo python esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x0000 nodemcu-master-22-modules-2016-08-10-16-54-08-float.bin 0x3fc000 esp_init_data_default.bin
esptool.py v1.2-dev
Connecting...
Running Cesanta flasher stub...
Flash params set to 0x0000
Writing 495616 @ 0x0... 495616 (100 %)
Wrote 495616 bytes at 0x0 in 43.0 seconds (92.3 kbit/s)...
Writing 4096 @ 0x3fc000... 4096 (100 %)
Wrote 4096 bytes at 0x3fc000 in 0.4 seconds (88.8 kbit/s)...
Leaving...

After that I reset the board and it start flashing the blue LED madly. Can't communicate with it at any speed. At 9600 I got this:

PORT OPEN 9600

Communication with MCU..Got answer! AutoDetect firmware...
Communication with MCU established.
Can't autodetect firmware, because proper answer not received (may be unknown firmware).
Please, reset module or continue.
$�`dlM�yϨ||�`���|�Hp�<�bE��i>���h�x��щ>l�}^��E�|v�$��H>lt�M���>�|�`�?���HpY� d�]�xͨXҴ4B<,�h�hH�\Ս�EO|t�l��$<`dlM�y��||�`���|�HpI<� d�]�yͨX��4C<$�h�h��^��0$n���h�,�4B<$,�Dz�U����H^�P��� txW�H$�|�@>�t� �pd>d���b8�$�HQʸ�BEX���>���$�x��X�>l�\Ս2DOz4��l��$�`dlL�yϨ��tp�hX��HpY�$$�|�x�U���lb<l�h�H$0l�Ȥl���C|�p >�$�H>�t���$`�\ԍ2dO,4��l��h�`dll�xϨ��tp�hX���txy�$�|�D:�U��l`<��4C80l��Hl���CEX�p�>dXH<Y�H, �^�2dn,��h�,�4C<$l�x�E��tp�HP��� �xW�����@>�t� �p�>dt��b8�0l�Ȥl���H��p >�$�@>�t���$b�^��0$n���h�,�4C<$,�x�U����H2�}^��E�|v��$��H>lt�M���>�|�`�?�$�HQȸ�BEX���>���$�x��X�>l�^��$l�+�h�$�lb<l,�D:�U�͐�$Z�}��������$��@>�t��x�>���lb8�`HpY� d�]�xͨX��4C<,�h�h��^4�Ȥl���H��l <C/Y�@>�t�,��$b�X���txG��$�|�D:�U��l`<��4C8^��$l�+�h�I�lb<l,�D:�T�͐�$Z�X���tx��$�|�x�U��lb<ldh�C^��$l�+�h�I�lb<l,�D:�T�͐�$Z�}^��E�|v��$��H>�t�M���>�t`� 8�X��H�l� d�]�x�EXҴ4b<l�h�HH0l��Hl���C2�p$>�Y�H<Y�H, �\Ս2dO,4��l��$�`dll�yϨ��tp�h�|��Hp�<�bd�M�y|��4C,$�H�h��\Ս2dO�4��l��

PORT CLOSED
-----------------
Any clues?