Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By KevinA
#57374 Buried in the Junk folder! I can not find why they ended up there, checked all the rules, moves and server setting. The only thing I found was "1.0 KAM_LAZY_DOMAIN_SECURITY Sending domain does not have any
anti-forgery methods X-Spam-Flag: NO"
and that didn't cause the mail to go to junk...

I think I was going to check the web server junk box when they went down the other night and blew it off since.
Thanks
By jeroenh
You also need to flash the esp init data to the correct memory address as per http://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/master ... g-firmware.

See here as well: http://stackoverflow.com/a/38793023/131929

That is not immediately obvious from either the nodemcu-build.com webpage and/or the firmware filenames. It might help to make this a bit more clear to know which version the firmwares are.

Also, I see that the WS2812 library changed completely. Is it possible to get the older one also as an alternative?
By marcelstoer
jeroenh wrote:That is not immediately obvious from either the nodemcu-build.com webpage and/or the firmware filenames. It might help to make this a bit more clear to know which version the firmwares are.

True I'm biased as I work with this stuff every day but I'd still argue that it's very obvious because:

• the filename contains the branch name prominently
  • the emails you get from the build service contains links to the NodeMCU docs for the selected branch
  • the NodeMCU docs are a distinct set of files for each branch, the URL contains the branch name
  • when you boot the firmware it tells you branch, modules, build date, etc.
By vcch
#57492 The instructions are quite clear for Nodemcu flasher, but i had problems flashing lower size flash chips.
Are there other configurations except the 1 MB setting in flash size ? Usually it worked with a 0X00000 and 0X10000 .bins, but the latest docker does not seem to generate them anymore...