Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By raz123
dpwhittaker wrote:As I added more small files, free space started acting erratically

I have noticed erratic behaviour as well that could only be repaired by formatting the FS. I've posted about my issues here. In sum: can rename files, cannot remove them.

pellepl wrote:Perhaps I should simply add a SPIFFS_info(..) giving all info you need... ;)

Hey, thanks for stopping by. That would be great! Do you happen to have (or would you like to have) an ESP module? You could test how your FS works first hand!
By pellepl
raz123 wrote:I have noticed erratic behaviour as well that could only be repaired by formatting the FS. I've posted about my issues here. In sum: can rename files, cannot remove them.

If you find such cases, please file a bug report in spiffs repo. An FS dump will help a long way, along with the config and how to reproduce it.

raz123 wrote:Hey, thanks for stopping by. That would be great! Do you happen to have (or would you like to have) an ESP module? You could test how your FS works first hand!

I'll see to it, perhaps this weekend if time admits. Haven't got myself an ESP, it's on the agenda though. What module would you recommend? There are a bunch of variants on ebay.
By raz123
pellepl wrote:If you find such cases, please file a bug report in spiffs repo. An FS dump will help a long way, along with the config and how to reproduce it.

I'm not sure that we can get an FS dump in this environment, but I'll let you know if I manage to pinpoint a method to reproduce it.
pellepl wrote:What module would you recommend? There are a bunch of variants on ebay.

If size is not a factor, then the ESP-201 is probably the most friendly module as the pins are exposed and it is breadboard-friendly. See: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP8266- ... 75216.html

Furthermore, if you want to avoid the power-supply (3.3v) and connectivity challenges that usb<->serial poses, and want something that is as plug-an-play as possible, then the NodeMCU dev board is a good candidate. See: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NodeMcu- ... 97795.html