Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By Vijay Sharma
#14936 Hi Friends, I seem to be having a hard time. I had successfully loaded LUA on one of the ESP8266 and am able to write and execute programs on it. The issue is that every few minutes it start outputting junk characters. I decided to reload LUA to see if that solves the issue but unable to do that. I am using the nodeMCU flasher and it is not able to find the ESP on hitting flash.
I am using an external power supply for the chip and using Arduino as a serial converter. All this set up works fine to send commands to the ESP but as soon as I connect the GPIO0 to GND and boot it in firm upload mode. It just wont respond to anything. Under normal operation every command sent to it lights up the blue LED but in firmware update mode blue LED never lights up.
I have tried so many ways to see if I am doing something foolish. Rewired it , changed power supplies , changed my computer but nothing seems to work. btw I have the GND of Arduino & ext supply of ESP connected together.
Please note that in the regular boot mode the chip is working perfect except that it hangs and outputs junk characters sometimes, although the Web LED example works fine even when this situation happens.
Any idea from anybody would be of help - I have spent the entire day with no result.
By cal
#15227 Moin,

The garbage thats printed is typically a boot message written at baud rate 74880 or 115200.
You may need a real uart adapter e.g. for usb port because arduino may be too slow.
If reboot reason is "wdt reset" read about watchdog in the forums.

Cal