Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By Stevenelson
#17146 Is there an easy/fast way to deploy lua code in an automated way? I'm currently using esplorer to develop with, which is great. But how would I go about deploying code to say 1000 or 10,000 devices? Has anyone figured out how to automate the code install process?
By TerryE
#17149 You'd need a trusted method of downloading modules to specific devices and a whole config management framework so that you'd be able to associate each device with a specific purpose, configuration, etc and tailor it accordingly.

I am playing around with a simpler version of this; just google "github terrye esp8266". This version is a broken snapshot and my current on dev version is more complete. What I can do from a PC is plug in the ESP8266 to flash the nodeMCU firmware and then from the command line type in an esp8266 command which downloads a bootstrap to the module over the uart. This bootstrap then calls back to a listener on the PC over the wifi to lod the initial config, and once loaded there are commands to download new modules execute functions etc.

Still a work in progress and I am off on hols for over 2 weeks and I am not taking my dev PC with me :)