Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By cendev
gerardwr wrote:
cendev wrote:you are welcome :) glad to hear that :) if only you were using windows or linux i would send the gui supported tcp project =) i'll upload them tomorrow, hope they'll help =)

Hi,

I have your python script to upload a lua file to the ESP running now on my Mac. I had to make a small change to remove the \n formatting character from the line variable (by using line.strip) . The original version resulted in an unwanted line break BEFORE to ]]) ending of the line This is probably due to a different line-ending character in Mac OS X. This is the changed version that runs OK on my Mac.
Code: Select all#!/usr/bin/env python

import socket
import time
import sys

toCreate = str(sys.argv[1])
toUpload = str(sys.argv[2])
ip = str(sys.argv[3])
port = str(sys.argv[4])

TCP_IP = ip
TCP_PORT = int(port)
BUFFER_SIZE = 1024

time.sleep(1)
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
s.connect((TCP_IP, TCP_PORT))
s.send("file.open(\"%s\",\"w+\")" %(toCreate,))
time.sleep(0.1)
with open(toUpload) as f:
    for line in f:
#        print(line)
        print line.strip('\n')
        s.send("file.writeline([[%s]])" % line.strip('\n'))
        time.sleep(0.1)
s.send("file.close()")
s.close()

Uploading a stupid textile with 4 "hello world" lines in it looks like this on the ESP:
Code: Select all> dofile("file.lua")
> file.open("test1.lua","w+")
file.writeline([[print("hello world")]])
file.writeline([[print("hello world 2")]])
file.writeline([[print("hello world 3")]])
file.writeline([[print("hello world 4")]])
file.close()
c_G.RS.fJ[.fJS.f.
lua: cannot open init.lua
NodeMcu 0.9.2  powered by Lua 5.1.4
> file.list()
  file.lua size:125
  test1.lua size:90
> dofile("test1.lua")
hello world
hello world 2
hello world 3
hello world 4
>

When the upload is finished the ESP reboots, probably due to the Python script closing the connection.

Thanks to your script I have an operational upload mechanism now running on my Mac. Time for some Lua coding now ;)

great news :) btw if file.flush is the same as the python flush, it can be a good idea to file.flush after sending lines. :) so data will no longer be buffered and the ram/buffer overflow can be avoided :) i'm not so sure but i think it can be usefull.

as there is no io library and i'm kinda confused with usage of file.seek method i'm kinda having hard times to find the eof :/ if only i can find the end of the file my windows tool will be ready and kivi python will be almost done too :)

found it.. :) in the loop, if file.seek(cur) is same for twice its end of file :) now to write the readfile script