Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By TerryE
#31289 For those that are interested, please see this pending merge request: #687. Testers and feedback would be appreciated. This upgrade to SDK 1.4 will resolves a lot of pending SDK related issues with the firmware. The available RAM is also significant;y increased. One limitation is that the firmware is extremely tight for fitting into 512Mb Flash modules, so those with ESP-1 class modules who want to use this will need to do custom builds.
By xtal
#31670 Tried upgrading from NodeMCU float dev.0.9.6 20150704 to NodeMCU float sdk 1.4.0
Tried 8 and 9 node builds from frightanic.com float with/without OW
issue 1> using older ESP8266 Flash Downloader appears to flash ok , but unit appears to hang in reset,reset,rest etc

issue 2> using NodeMCU Firmware Programer Flashes ok
loadinga working[0.9.6] lua pgm and dofile("xx.lua")
wifi gets an IP address xx.xx.xx.34
when connect to xx.xx.xx.34 connection appears to succeed, HOWEVER, nothing displayed.
By forlotto
#31688 try this
Code: Select allwifi.sta.config(SSID,PASSWORD)
print("wifi is loading")
print("please wait.")
print("please wait..")
print("loading" ..=wifi.sta.getip().." wifi info sent")

Then you can see if you are getting your IP or not... I had trouble trying to print it immediately after station it would just say 192. or 192.garbadgehere Its like you need a delay before you can print.

If this is what you are trying to do that is maybe I misunderstand a bit if I do just disregaurd this posting.