Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By MCorgano
#48020 I am having a similar issue, and this is the most relivant thread I could find. sorry if this is in the wrong section

I want to start by saying I'm a complete noob at esp stuff. I bought one on ebay as a learning experience, to try and learn more. However when i finally got it soldered to an adaptor and hooked up to my adrino (using it as a usb - serial converter) I keep getting this:

Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,0)

load 0x40100000, len 1396, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0x89
load 0x3ffe8000, len 776, room 4
tail 4
chksum 0xe8
load 0x3ffe8308, len 540, room 4
tail 8
chksum 0xc0
csum 0xc0

2nd boot version : 1.4(b1)
  SPI Speed      : 40MHz
  SPI Mode       : QIO
  SPI Flash Size & Map: 8Mbit(512KB+512KB)
jump to run user1 @ 1000

<random jibberish here on>

Other posts talk about flashing a new firmware to the esp (it's an esp-12) but I'm still new to this - I just wanted to learn how to use the command interface to start. I also don't have a proper flashing tool, all I have is an arduino, a TTL 3v-5v level converter, a raspberry pi, and the esp-12 module. Is it possible to flash it with my arduino? Can you flash it over serial?
By sathiyakumar3
Israel O wrote:OK, this has been fixed. To summarise the steps to help anyone who run into this issue the future:
- Flash the module with ESP Flash Download Tool V2.4 as recommended by xtal. Use the instructions here - http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/project ... fi-module/
- HW restart the module
- Flash it with NodeMCU flasher again
- HW restart
- Test communication on 9600.

I love you!!! You are my lifesaver! I have almost gone mad because of this issue. Your words did solve the problem! Thanks a ton!!!!