Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By Trickuncle
#36339 After a reset, I see this line:
NodeMCU 0.9.6 build 20150704 powered by Lua 5.1.4

And if I click on 'Chip Info' in esplorer, I see this:
print(node.chipid())
> =node.info()
0 9 6 133884 1458400 4096 2 40000000

If there is some other sdk info, I'm not seeing it...
By xtal
#36349 you can build the latest sdk 1.4.0 @ frightanic.com/nodemcu-custom-build/
Your starting heap will be about 42200 -- using 8 mods
Several issues are resolved ?
You just have to supply your Email Address and select what modules you want

I always get the preset 7 and also select the ADC mod,, If you need 1wire select it.
By Trickuncle
#36358 @xtal: thanks for that tip about custom builds, I did not know about that.

I tried it with the pre-checked 7 modules plus I added pwm, spi and adc. Using the ESP8266 flasher from nodemcu, I flashed it and tried out my code. Some notes:
1. The initial heap size was about 34k instead of the 24k I had been seeing - good!
2. Upon loading my code, an error showed up about some of the lines of code but since I had seen that sort of thing before, I temporarily ignored it and proceeded onward.
3. On connecting via my browser, the connection was made as I see heap print statements in the esplorer window but the browser is empty - no text, no slider control, nothing.
4. Scratch head
5. Shutdown, reboot PC.
6. Reload init.lua - now the previous errors do not come up - good.
7. Browser still shows nothing.
8. Everytime I reload the webpage, the heap gets smaller.
9. Finally, re-flash original nodemcu code and back to square 1: 24k heap but browser now running my webpage code.

Using the flasher, the CONFIG tab shows what I take to be memory offsets for loading the program to and I selected 0x0000; do you see anything I may have done wrong? I really like getting the latest code with more heap space but so far, no joy.

Thanks for any advice!