Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By dhod
#43004 Hi all,

I'm currently about to undertake a self learning project but I appear to have hit a snag at the very beginning.

I am trying to flash my NodeMCU devkit through nodemcu flasher (windows 10). It was a bit fiddly. lots of unplugging/replugging. Pressing the RST button until it eventually flash with the latest firmware.

However, when I go in to Esplorer and open the connection, sometimes it says it can't autodetect firmware, other times it can. But whenever I hit the RST button it never shows me the firmware message I've seen in many tutorials. As well as that, I tried loading an init.lua file which doesn't load as default. So i'm presuming something isn't going right during the flash process?

I've setup esptool.py but that seems a lot more complex, so i'm hoping there maybe something in nodemcu flasher I can do first?

I've tried with the latest release of the integer and float firmware, and I leave all other options as default.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
By dhod
#43111 ok so it now seems that if i hit RST on my NodeMCU and then open the port, it tells me the firmware and initiates the init file.
But if i press the RST with the port open, nothing happens. Whereas it resets every time on OSX. But this is ok for now whilst i'm learning.