As the title says... Chat on...

By cal
#13563 Moin,

using ESPlorer v0.2.0-rc1 I have no problem uploading a file via "upload" button.
After that the "reload" button on the right side makes be list the content of the file system
Each file gets a button then and you can do actions on thode files like listing its content.

As terry pointed out use a proven static master init.lua that allows to interrupt the boot cycle or
otherwise practice your flask skills. Search the forum for examples.

And if you upload text files: Use linux or otherwise make sure you know what a BBOM marker is and how to avoid it
on MS*.

Good luck,
Carsten
By VikingGuy
#14098 When I click the reload button (after my attempt to load any *.lua file) it states:

Total : 68021 bytes
Used : 0 bytes
Remain: 68021 bytes

So I know that the files are not going to the ESP.

I've tried several ESP8266 boards (all flashed to: NodeMCU 0.9.5 build 20150318 powered by Lua 5.1.4)

The loading process gets to about 22% and the lights stop blinking on the ESP and the load process has a 'timeout'

Uploading to ESP file init.lua...Waiting answer from ESP - Timeout reached. Command aborted.ü! ¤<1ä)Mô1ä)]†1¤ñø

Note that I can upload a lua script to the ESP is ESPLorer if I open it and (in the left window) Right click on the source and select "Send to ESP". The lau file works correctly on the ESP.

The problem is that this appears to upload the script to RAM only.

I attempted loading a lua file by way of a program called lau uploader with the same problem of files not loading.

It looks like I am not allowed to open files on the ESP, as it states: "Open a file first" for each line that is sent in.

> file.writeline('print(wifi.sta.getip())')
stdin:1: open a file first
> file.writeline('led1 = 3')
> file.writeline('led2 = 4')
> file.writeline('gpio.mode(led1, gpio.OUTPUT)')

Note: I am using 9600 baud rate (maybe this is an issue)
By VikingGuy
#14153 3.3VDC, GND, Tx and Rx are connected correctly.

I use a series resistor (1K) for the Rx.

CH_PD is 3.3VDC
GPIO_0 floating
GPIO_2 floating
reset floating

I've also tried instead of floating to pull these to 3.3VDC

I have tried a second USB to TTL UART cable, as well.

I will post back here if I figure out what is wrong. Why I cannot open files on the ESP8266 to program them....

Thanks.