As the title says... Chat on...

By Kegluneq
#60730 Hi guys,
I'm working on a little project using nodeMCU and Lua but i'm pretty new to these sort of things and i can't find a solution to my problem.
The project is basically to do a first access on the server, receive a page of control where I have to press a button connected to my nodemcu and after clicking it and refreshing i can reach the index page i loaded on the device.

The problem that I'm encountering is that if someone already reached the index page, everyone that tries to connect to the server will also go directly to the index, surpassing completely the control page.

I tried some solutions but none of them have worked in the end, so I'm asking if there is any easy solution to this.

Here is my code, with what is working so far:

Code: Select all-- auth.lua
srv=net.createServer(net.TCP)
srv:listen(80,function(conn)
    conn:on("receive", function(client,request)

local buf = "";
        local _, _, method, path, vars = string.find(request, "([A-Z]+) (.+)?(.+) HTTP");
        if(method == nil)then
            _, _, method, path = string.find(request, "([A-Z]+) (.+) HTTP");
        end
                  local _, _, auth = string.find(request, "%cAuthorization: Basic ([%w=\+\/]+)");--Authorization:
          if (auth == nil or auth ~= "dXNlcjoxMjM0")then --user:1234
               client:send("HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required\r\nWWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=\"ESP8266 Web Server\"\r\n\r\n<h1>Unauthorized Access</h1>");
               client:close();
               return;
          end
        local _GET = {}
        if (vars ~= nil)then
            for k, v in string.gmatch(vars, "(%w+)=(%w+)&*") do
                _GET[k] = v
            end
        end
        buf=buf.."<html><body>"
        buf = buf.."<h1> Control Web Server</h1>";
        buf=buf.."<p> Press the button attached to the device and click below</p>"
        buf=buf.."<p><button onclick=\"history.go(0)\">ADVANCE</button></p>"
        buf = buf.."</form></body></html>"

local _on,_off = "",""

gpio.mode(1 ,gpio.INPUT,gpio.PULLUP)

function debounce (func)
           local last = 0
            local delay = 200000

return function (...)
              local now = tmr.now()
                if now - last < delay then return end

last = now
                return func(...)
                end
        end

function onChange() 
            if gpio.read(1) == 0 then
      assert(loadfile("serverpin.lua"))
               tmr.delay(500000)
               end
   end

gpio.trig(1,"down", debounce(onChange))

client:send(buf);
        collectgarbage();
    end)
end)

Code: Select all--serverpin.lua
 srv:listen(80,function(conn)
       conn:on("receive", function(client,payload)
          print(payload)
            tgtfile = string.sub(payload,string.find(payload,"GET /")
              +5,string.find(payload,"HTTP/")-2)
         if tgtfile == "" then tgtfile = "index.htm" end 

local f = file.open(tgtfile,"r")
         if f ~= nil then
             client:send(file.read())
               file.close()
         else
            client:send("<html>"..tgtfile.." not found - 404 error.<BR><a href='index.htm'>Home</a><BR>")
         end
         collectgarbage();
         f = nil
         tgtfile = nil
       end)
   end)
By marcelstoer
#60741 Sorry, don't understand the problem. You already require basic auth to access the device. Why can't you keep a collection of which user has already navigated beyond the index page?
By Kegluneq
marcelstoer wrote:Sorry, don't understand the problem. You already require basic auth to access the device. Why can't you keep a collection of which user has already navigated beyond the index page?

Sorry, if i wasn't able to explain the problem very well. The way it is working right now, it's that after one user authenticated himself with basic auth and he pressed the button (the moment where he gains access to the index page), every new user that connects to the server totally skips the authentication part and wll be connected directly to the index page.

What i would like to do it's if a new user is connecting then he has to go through the basic auth and the push button phase.

If like you are saying i have the possibility to get the collection of users authenticated, where and how i can do that?

Thank you for your patience.
By Kegluneq
marcelstoer wrote:Sorry, don't understand the problem. You already require basic auth to access the device. Why can't you keep a collection of which user has already navigated beyond the index page?

Sorry if I wasn't able to explain my problem very well. The way it works right now, it's after one user has authenticated himself and pressed the button (basically granting access to the index page), every new user that tries to connect to server totally skips the first phase, connecting directly to the index page.

If like you said I can use a collection of authenticated users, where and how I can do that?

Thank you for your patience