As the title says... Chat on...

By marcelstoer
cwr wrote:No, "mkdocs serve" apparently does nothing except start a server on a local port.

It served me and the other maintainers well (i.e. as expected) the past 18 months. Running 'mkdocs build' in the ROOT of the firmware folder outside the "docs" folder yields a new "site" folder with an "index.html" in it. At least it does so on Mac and Linux with MkDocs 0.16.0.

http://www.mkdocs.org/user-guide/config ... ctory_urls is somewhat of an oddity and some people even called for its removal.
By cwr
#64905 Yes, but I want to use the docs, not develop them. And I'm pretty sure that if you try selecting one of the entries on the first index page, the browser will crash out. Certainly that's what I've found, in repeated trials.

Will
By marcelstoer
cwr wrote:Yes, but I want to use the docs, not develop them.

I do understand that but to me those two aren't sooo different (I guess mean 'serve' vs. 'build').

cwr wrote:And I'm pretty sure that if you try selecting one of the entries on the first index page, the browser will crash out.

No, it doesn't. As I said it works for me.

Code: Select all~/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware (dev) > mkdocs build   
INFO    -  Cleaning site directory
INFO    -  Building documentation to directory: /Users/marcelstoer/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware/site
~/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware (dev) > open site/index.html
~/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware (dev) >

This opens the page in the default browser at 'file:///~/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware/site/index.html'. If I then hit the "English" link in the second paragraph the browser navigates to 'file:///~/Data/NodeMCU/nodemcu-firmware/site/en/' and shows a listing of the local file system. Since the files aren't served through a web server the file 'index.html' has no special meaning and I need to select it manually.

This intermediate step can be avoided by setting 'use_directory_urls: false' as you said but due to the JavaScript issue I mentioned you still won't be seeing the left-hand navigation tree.
By cwr
#64973 Hmm, somethings off somewhere because in fact I _do_ keep the navigation tree; even search mode works. I'll give it a kicking, check I haven't changed anything.

Will