As the title says... Chat on...

By QuickFix
schufti wrote:seriously?

I also find it very hard to believe: I even know for sure this is not true, since my first ESP-development board was that yellow board thing running off 3AA cells and it worked flawlessly without any device (PC or otherwise) attached.
Okay it was a simple LED on/off sketch, but it worked perfectly (have been playing with it half the night in the dark with that thing on the table and me with my mobile on the couch turning it on and off remotely). 8-)
Ah... those were the days... ;)
By Thomas Jakober
#68743 No, probably with batteries there is no problem. But with a cheap Chinese power adapter it could be that there is a hum disturbing the inputs. I had it on two different ESP-01 using the same power module:
https://www.banggood.com/en/5V-700mA-3_5W-AC-DC-Step-Down-Isolated-Switching-Power-Supply-Module-p-993723.html?rmmds=search
Maybe someone uses these modules faces the same problem. I used them because they are so small and for one ESP-01 700 mA is enough power.
By QuickFix
Thomas Jakober wrote:No, probably with batteries there is no problem. But with a cheap Chinese power adapter it could be that there is a hum disturbing the inputs.

Of course that could always be a problem.

A couple of weeks ago I built a simple YouTube subscriber display for my sister using a ESP-01, an OLED and a 3.3V regulator connected to a 5V USB power supply (GSM mobile phone charger) and it still runs perfectly.