As the title says... Chat on...

By StefanL38
#69991 Hi Marcel,

thank you very much for answering.

I have read the hints from Terry and the docs the hints point to but did not understand what was written there.
That was the reason for asking for sample-code. I'm a completely nnob to Lua. I have coded PC-applications with delphi. So I know the concepts of coding in general and I have coded things like eventhandlers for "click on a button". What I still do not know is the sequence of events one after each other that happen in the process of

creating server
next event that occurs after creating server
next event occurring after second event occurs
etc, etc, etc

creating client connection
next event that occurs after creating connection,
next event that occurs after second event etc, etc, etc.

Of course which event will occur next can differ in different situations and registering eventhandlers for each event that could occur makes sense.
But I don't know which events can occur!

Maybe even my imagination of how the eventdriven coding works is wrong.

Most effective way to learn this would be a fully functional code-example. If there already does exits such an example-code posting the link to this example would make me very very happy.
I understand that if you would have to write this example from scratch that this would be much toooo much effort.

So another effective way to learn it would be if I could read a list of the events that can occur.

example 5 shows code for event "receive" on the client side
example 6 shows code for the event "send" on the server-side.

Are these two events the only ones that can occur?

Where can I find a list of ALL events that can occur on the client-side and at the sever-side?

maybe I got "tomatoes" on my eyes so I can't see the rest of the event-docs if these docs exist I haven't found them yet.

best regards

Stefan